As we discovered last month, many construction firms are actively investigating new markets they can branch into as the industry experiences a slowdown due to the current economic environment.
“Firms now have the time to objectively look at improving the efficiency of their operations. We’re talking with many customers about how they can improve their internal processes and collaboration capabilities to do this,” says Alan Hindes, Industry Executive for Mining, Utilities, Resources & Construction at Telstra.
Mobile devices loaded with smart applications can help boost your team’s productivity and make collaboration between local and disparate teams easier.
For instance, Deputy is a Cloud-based people management application that can help:
- Streamline scheduling: Intelligent rostering capabilities help you to schedule the right person, and easily notify your staff of their shifts electronically
- Make time billing simpler: Generate invoices based on hours worked per customer, task or activity straight into a compatible accounting solution. Automatically allocate rates, job codes or employees per invoice line
- Increase accountability: Staff and contractors can clock on/off on the go using any compatible device. Use Deputy’s Mobile geolocation capability* or the Deputy Kiosk’s camera features* to verify that your employees are where they should be for each shift
- Save time and money: Eliminate unnecessary phone calls, faxes and emails to get your employees’ hours. With Deputy, timesheets are created and submitted for approval when employees start and end their shifts
- Boost communication among staff: Share important messages with specific locations or across your entire business. Anyone can make announcements and it’s a great way to promote inclusion.
See what Deputy can do for your business with an obligation-free 30-day trial. Available from March 31, contact your account executive for more information.
- Many firms are looking to improve internal processes and increase collaboration to effectively break into new markets
- Connected tablets and apps can boost collaboration between teams
- Cloud-based people management apps like Deputy help streamline and automate internal processes to save time and money.
* Device dependent features.
Trial Deputy for free
Want to manage your teams more efficiently and encourage free-flowing collaboration between teams? Get started with a free 30 day trial of Deputy today.
Telstra 4G: THE TELSTRA MOBILE NETWORK OFFERS 4G IN ALL CAPITAL CBDS AND ASSOCIATED AIRPORTS, MOST SURROUNDING SUBURBAN AREAS AND IN OVER 300 REGIONAL AREAS. YOU’LL AUTOMATICALLY SWITCH TO OUR FASTEST AVAILABLE 3G IN OTHER COVERAGE AREAS AROUND AUSTRALIA. CHECK COVERAGE AT telstra.com/coverage. Typical download speeds of between 2Mbps and 50Mbps are available to 4G devices in 4G areas. Outside 4G areas, you will switch to our fastest available 3G speeds. Speeds vary for reasons like location, distance from base stations, terrain, user numbers, hardware/software configuration, download source and upload destination.
Deputy: Deputy is a paid subscription that is available to business customers with a valid ABN. You’ll need an Internet connection and a compatible web browser to use Deputy and manage your account at www.deputy.com. Deputy mobile apps work on compatible Android or iOS devices, and the Deputy Kiosk works on iPad. Some features, like geolocation and face detection may be hardware- or settings-dependent. Deputy Trial plan: Deputy Premium and FLEXI plans have a 30 day free trial with unlimited users when you first sign up, but you need to choose Trial plan when signing up. There’s a limit of one free trial period per account, and if you don’t choose a paid plan at the end of your trial, you’ll revert to the Starter plan (which has very limited functionality). Cancelling Deputy plans: You won’t incur Early Termination Charges if you cancel your plan. If your sign up for a Prepaid plans, to the extent permitted by law, these are non-refundable and you won’t get a pro-rata refund if you cancel during the subscription period. If you cancel your Deputy plan, you’ll be charged any outstanding subscription and usage fees (including any SMS charges) as part of your final bill. Deputy SMS costs: If you use SMS to distribute rosters to staff via Deputy, you’ll be charged at $0.06 per message (including GST) and this usage will be billed via Telstra Apps Marketplace at the end of each billing cycle. Apps Marketplace terms: Standard Telstra Apps Marketplace terms apply – see https://marketplace.telstra.com/home for full details.